Ready to begin your crypto, stock, or card integration with The Giving Block? Get started by following our integration checklist:
- Request API User credentials
- Email us at [email protected] to request API user credentials and AES encryption keys for webhook notifications.
- Store these API user credentials securely and never share with anyone outside your team.
- Use one of integration scenarios:
- Build a native integration within your donation form
- Authenticate your application (see Authentication Flow)
- Once authenticated, store access and refresh tokens.
- Use the access tokens to access API endpoints and integrate one or all of the donation flows:
- Embed our donation form into your own donation tool
- This option is compatible with crypto, stock, donor advised funds (DAF), and card donations
- Consider what functionalities are necessary for your integration
- Receiving webhook notification for Donation created event
- Receiving webhook notification for Donation converted to USD
If you are interested in receiving webhook notifications, please provide your webhook endpoint URL to [email protected]
- Decide who will send receipt emails
Will you (the partner) or The Giving Block be sending donation receipts? By default, emails are sent by The Giving Block.
Note that the API is designed for server-to-server integrations. That means it won't work if you call it from the browser.